Have you ever heard of halitosis? You may know it as bad breath. It may be caused by something you ate, but there are other causes, as well. If you suffer from chronic halitosis, it’s time to contact your dentist. Here are some things your dentist may want to know:
– Do you suffer from any liver and kidney ailments, or respiratory tract infections?
– Do you have gum disease, or do you have red, swollen, tender or bleeding gums?
– Do you have any dentures. They can be the cause of brad breath if they are not properly cleaned on a daily basis.
– Do you ever use mouthwash or a dental tool to help freshen your breath?
– Do you take any medications that list bad breath as a side effect?
– Do you brush and floss your teeth correctly?
– Do you have any plaque buildup on your teeth and gums?
If you are concerned about bad breath make an appointment for an exam from Dr. Anthony Petchalonis and our team at Petchalonis Dental & Associates in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Schedule your visit by calling us at 215-732-3350 today.